- Pinned back parts of my bangs underneath the sides. Nice way to have my hair out of my face but not behind my ears (which I dislike).
- Used my curling iron all around, though it doesn't quite get hot enough for all-day hold.
- French twist, semi-successful; harder to do than expected, and apparently I'm bad at bobby pinning but at least it stayed in all day ;)
- Blowing it out straight; I should've used my flat iron on top because the outdoor humidity made it curl at the ends, and would've helped with frizz.
- Poofy bang attempt #2, more successful than last but still needs practice.
It was a lot of fun, though it was definitely out of my comfort zone. I still have lots of ideas from you all to try: mod headband (actually did this yesterday), learn to french braid, 40s style waves with a larger curling iron, spunky curly bun/pony, and of course getting the cut updated.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I plan to keep trying new things, though maybe every other day or two so it's less stressful :)