It's been really fun seeing all the neutral outfits everyone came up with this week! Thanks for the challenge, Mary :D
For this challenge, I decided to wear only what I personally use as my true neutrals: black, charcoal, gray, white, cream, and denim blue. I also wear lots of other neutrals (brown, camel, olive, navy, etc.) but they are usually treated as "colors" in my outfits, while these here I use as "neutrals". I allowed myself 2 exceptions: my red purse because red is the only color I treat as a neutral, and my taupe boots because look how cute they are in that outfit :D As much as I love neutrals, I have to admit that it was tough to do this challenge this week because it's been especially gray and wet (except Tues!), but I really do like how all of these turned out.
I planned all five outfits in advance, and reordered them so both the neutrals and silhouettes were spread throughout the week. An interesting observation: Unlike my adjacent color challenge week, these outfits really didn't deviate from my initial plans at all; the only thing that got changed was the necklace in #4 was originally planned for #5 (I also planned these outfits more completely). I am guessing this has something to do with the fact that my classic/basic pieces in my true neutrals just aren't that fussy or tricky to style; after all, they ARE the items I use to ground my outfits.
- Monday, worn to work. Still digging on the flared-over-flares silhouette, so I thought I'd give it a try with this tunic which I've previously only worn with skinnies/leggings. After taking the photos I realized that the hems were caught under my sandals, so I took the back photo to show that I had PPL, I promise!
- Tuesday, worn to work and a quick stop by Nordstrom Rack. A neutrals version of Angie's awesome spring denim column formula, though this isn't a column since I used black denim on bottom. But the bright jacket (white) and patterned shoes (houndstooth) are there! I also tried buttoning my blouse all the way up for the first time inspired by Angie's post this day, and really liked how it looks in this outfit!
- Wednesday, worn to work. A slouchy pencil skirt outfit, and some neutral pattern mixing (houndstooth and leopard). I have realized that nearly every time I wear this cardigan I button it, which leads me to believe that I need to get myself a leopard blouse! I debated a long time about whether or not to belt this, and in the end decided against it.
- Thursday, worn to work and a quick stop by Old Navy. I wanted to have at least one bold, graphic, black-and-white outfit for the week and this was it! Since the coloring is graphic, I went for a simple outfit; I feel this outfit is very "Aida's Style" :) My first time trying legwarmers, I think it worked well.
- Friday, worn to work and for whatever's planned for date night tonight. Debut outfit for the MM Flynn boots! In person they are MUCH more taupe, though (as seen here). It's not quite warm enough to forgo tights, so I thought what could be more fitting than to wear my nude microfishnets that Mary sent me :D This outfit reminds me that I very much need to get a cropped denim jacket (3-4" shorter than this one, ideally) for pairing with dresses. And, I'm wearing my YLF Secret Santa necklace from the stylish Kimlee!
Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome.