Here is my complete week of adjacent colors (as posted about here). It was certainly a fun experiment, and solidified how much I love this method of pairing colors. I found when the shades are quite close together, like in #1 and #4, those are the combos that really tug at my heart strings. I fully intend to continue using this type of adjacent pairing into Spring :)
The three tricky bits for this experiment for me were: making sure everything looked wintery enough, not using colored bottoms, and making each outfit look different from the others even though I had to use very similar layering techniques.
- red/red-orange - My favorite of the week! The only way I've gotten a pencil skirt to feel "me" is by pairing with slouchy tops and boots. This is completely waist surrendering, but I LOVE the vibe of this outfit.
- yellow/yellow-green - I was in a retro mood this day, so I thought it'd be fun to wear my vintage midi; my sis commented that it looked conservative for me. Featuring a beautiful necklace that our dear Sona sent to me!
- yellow-green/blue-green (skips over adjacent to next tone) - This is actually the layering idea that got me thinking about this experiment. While out shopping, the tweed on one arm of this coat just... fell apart. So back it'll go. I'm so bummed! (I also just realized that the bust pocket buttons on the silk blouse are a little, erhm, unfortunately placed -_-)
- blue-green/blue - My second favorite of the week! This is a spring-time jacket (purchased at the Dec. YLF meetup, and those in LA may recognize it as well), but I got it out early for this challenge :) The color difference was a bit more jarring in person. I love putting 80s inspired blazers into 70s inspired outfits ^^
- dark blue/purple (skips over adjacent to next tone) - This end of the spectrum, blue-purple through red-purple, is least represented in my wardrobe. I went for a bit of a preppy/menswear look, complete with oxfords though it's probably still too cold to go sans socks!
Thanks also to everyone who joined in on this, I absolutely love seeing everyone's outfits! Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome.