Hi ladies! I know I've been rather MIA, but I promise I've been (mostly) keeping up with all you fabulous ladies via my phone. Work is finally settling down, and I should be back on the forum (yay!) starting this coming week. Feeling chatty, feel free to jump right down to the photos.
We've been having fantastic weather here in the PNW the past couple of weeks, my absolute favorite type of fall weather: warm and crisp! The perfect weather for shorts+boots. I missed a full week of it due to illness, so I plan to now milk it as long as possible. Here's what I wore this past week, can you tell I've been really into emerald, rust, and structured slouch? ;)
- Saturday: worn out to breakfast, then hubby and I went on a half-day ride out to Snoqualmie. I usually add a healthy dose of white to emerald+black outfits, but was inspired by this outfit to instead add burgundy and make the whole palette moodier; the white polka dots and silver stripes added enough lightness for me.
- Sunday: worn to a Mariner's game then dinner with hubby, sis, and her boyfriend. A friend who's a season ticket holder with amazing, almost-on-the-field seats gave me four tickets and we really enjoyed watching the game with him and his son. Later, we caught the replay of the game on TV... and found that we had been on camera. A LOT. I was happy I'd worn something so cute and cheerful ^^ Though, goodness, I sure need to work on my posture.
- Monday: worn to the grocery then have friends over to watch football. Felt like being in my PJs all day (last day of my cold, finally), but with company over this was the next best thing: soft oversized wide leg trousers and a loose woven/knit mixed media blouse. Done and done!
- Tuesday: worn to work then out to dinner with some friends. I want to try a couple white jean+boots outfits before the rain comes, quite pleased with how Autumnal this turned out. Later I was amused to find that Angie had written about arm parties this same day. Also, these are slouchy skinnies! They're about 1.5 sizes up from "correct", even if it doesn't really show in the photos.
- Wednesday: worn to work and the gym. New jacket, hard to photograph the color! It's like a rusty tomato-red, dusty yet saturated. Yesterday was layered bracelets time, so this day was layered necklaces time. Inspired by this color palette; I very much like pairing a single warm shade with cool neutrals, and throwing in some warm taupe was a fun choice.
- Thursday: worn to work and the gym. This almost-cropped sweater, which I always have to layer when wearing my normal low-rise pants, worked surprisingly well with these paper bag shorts! I was so happy to not tuck and get a fully slouchy look with it, I'm considering getting another sweater in this same awkward length.
- Friday: worn to work, the gym, and whatever is in store for date night tonight. Today ended up a lot warmer than expected, so I scrapped my initial pants outfit in favor of this one.This lovely tweed skirt (which sits somewhere in between my waist and hips) is from the YLF swap back in spring and I'm excited to finally be able to wear it; also a new top. Slightly unusual proportions for me (not particularly leg lengthening nor shortening), but I liked the more relaxed vibe leaving the top untucked gave.
- And in an attempt to appease Angie for my long absence, a bonus photo of my off-camera, very toothy smile :}
Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome!