Well as usual I'm waaay behind in posting my outfits, but I still want to share them. I know most of you are totally over summer dressing and eagerly awaiting fall, but I'm happy to relive as many sunny days as I can even though this particular week wasn't terribly warm ;)
After the first two weeks with the short hair, I was able to settle back into my usual summer style and stopped worrying so much about adding black. After thinking on it, I decided that with the long hair it was very dramatic to have it as the only dark element; with short hair it still adds drama, just less of it. I was very happy to be back to wearing less black! Still into the saturated brights this week, I'd say more than normal.
- Saturday; worn out for breakfast, dinner with a friend, then had several friends over to hang out by the fire pit. At breakfast hubby commented that he liked this linen shirt, bright color and creases and all, which was super exciting! But then it bled orange ALL over my white bag :( I suppose it needs a vinegar wash to set the color?
- Sunday; worn out for breakfast and later lunch, then my sis came over for homework help. Super duper casual outfit, and these loafers have definitely become my go-to casual shoe this season. I was still in an orange mood, but this day was much warmer than the previous! I think a white or mint belt would've worked better with the colors here.
- Monday; worn to work then to a Mariner's game with hubby and a friend. Our friend treated us to the baseball game, lots of fun! Felt like wearing something a bit sportier than usual. I was looking back through my outfits, and noticed that I've managed to wear these emerald jeans to almost every baseball game I've been to this year! Not sure if this is subconscious or just happenstance.
- Tuesday; worn to the mechanic and then to work. Wanted to try both a neutral look and wear my neon jewels, but couldn't pick which to go with so decided why not both at the same time? The neon really does glow this brightly, love that!
- Wednesday; worn to work. Haven't worn these shorts since last spring since they're a little too big, but hey I loves me a good bit of slouch! So I paired with an equally slouchy sweater and skewed my usual summery-boho with the necklace, boots, and bag. The necklace is fuchsia and pairing with turquoise reminds me of my mom (it's one of her signature color pairings), and it's extra fun because she actually bought me this necklace.
- Thursday; worn to work and grocery store. After noticing that I was wearing a lot of orange since the hair cut, I decided I needed a warm-color change. This outfit was on my mind to wear for a while, but never quite felt right with the long hair. I felt really happy in it with the short 'do, though! And of course I just had to pop on a bright red lip to match ^^
- Friday; worn to work then date night to an Aquasox game (baseball). I quite like blue, brown, and cream together but I don't often wear it because I'm not usually into earthy for myself; I have to be in a super boho mood for it, like on this day. Decided to play that up and wear my long feather earrings, not sure if they work with the short hair or are just too long for it.
Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome!