Feeling chatty, feel free to skip ahead to the photos :)
The weather continues to be dreary with only a brief reprise on Friday, so again I wanted to wear color every day and again skirts are my silhouette change of choice. I wanted to branch out from all the blues/greens I've been wearing, which is hard because unfortunately other colors aren't well represented in my spring/summer wardrobe! That said, I was able to sneak in some red, violet, and yellow this week, yay!
- Monday, worn out shopping with my sister and mom, then hubby and I met friends for tacos. Based on one of my outfits from the last art challenge (#3). I wanted a shopping outfit that wasn't too simple to help keep me focused on only the best stuff. I bought 2 necklaces, a black/white printed blouse, a coral casual jacket, the cardigan in #4, and the pretty blush purse in #2/3 as replacement of the returned birthday-gift-from-hubby KS purse. Very successful!
- Tuesday, worn to run errands then to my brother-in-law's high school graduation ceremony. Interesting mix of dressiness at the ceremony, from fleece+jeans to a handful in cocktail attire (overall women were quite a bit dressier than men). I wanted something dressy-but-not-too-dressy, and this fit the bill nicely. Hubby had wanted to wear his custom made dress slacks but doesn't have any shirts nice enough to pair, so he ended up wearing a nice button-up shirt with jeans. We got SERIOUSLY RAIN POURED on, and I actually had to use an umbrella (!!); Seattlites will understand the exclamation ;)
- Wednesday, worn to work and grocery store. Still raining, but rather warm and muggy this day. Opted for a jersey dress with some subtle pattern mixing, and of course plenty of bright cheerful colors. I quite like how the cognac heels look with these oceany colors.
- Thursday, worn to work. Not really dry enough for wide hems, but I felt like wearing them anyway. I'd been wanting the JCrew shorts made of this lovely violet Ikat print for a while now, but was happy to find the cardigan instead on Monday. Sized up for slouchiness, but I'm wondering if maybe I should've stuck with my normal size since I'll be wearing this primarily as a top (buttoned up). White footwear in honor of Angie's post that day!
- Friday, worn to work then out for date night dinner and dessert. An actual warm, sunny day! I enjoyed wearing this breezy skirt last week and couldn't wait to wear it again. Went with a ribbed tank and a cropped denim jacket (still LOVING this faded beauty, so another thanks to whomever brought it to the swap back in May!) to keep things casual but summery, and add some subtle print mix with the snakeskin heels. I just love how breezy this skirt is! And I felt SUPER in this outfit. The perfect mix of urban and boho <3
- Bonus photo of the updo from the outfit in #2 (it was much less frizzy before the rain got to it). I did my usual fanned bun, but split the hair in front in half then twisted it around itself before pinning in the back (bottom photo). Also added several bobby pins in the back for a messy "pintucking" effect (top photo). [UPDATE: Pseudo instructions on this bun in my reply to Rae below.]
Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome!