Movie poster: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (group thread).
The top thing that strikes me about this poster is how rich it is: color, texture, character, story.
Every item I'm wearing has a unique texture to the outfit. In addition to representing the rich textures, the items themselves were also each chosen to reflect various aspects of the poster art, along with reflecting the warm color palette.
- Ivory sequin tank - texture (sequins), Indy's white shirt, treasures
- Rust moto jacket - texture (twill, sweater knit, smooth leather), warm background color
- Almond slouchy trousers - texture (silky woven), a nod to the soft vibe of the painting
- Snakeskin heels - texture (snakeskin), and well of course it had to be snakes
- Gold arabesque cutout earrings - texture (filigree), treasures
- Bronze bucket bag, worn crossbody style - texture (cracked leather, chain), Indiana's bag, treasures
I painted my nails crushed gold as another nod to the treasures, and chose rust-orange lipstick to match my jacket. I feel like a very glamorous adventurer ;)
Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome!