Movie poster: Star Wars (group thread).
The most iconic thing about this poster to me is the title lettering (hey, I do work in type!); beyond that, the star field makes a big impression of the poster art. So I wanted today's outfit to be tribute to those two key elements.
- Black turtleneck, white blazer - outlined lettering
- Hatch print pants - star field
- Cream booties - strong white accent of Luke/Leia against the dark sky
- Long spike earrings - sci-fi "metal" tribute (hah get it? *badum bum*)
- Taupe clutch - reminiscent of the Deathstar's grid pattern
I wanted to get more blue into my outfit, so for today's nails I did bright blue with a shimmery silver flake gradient (cuticle-to-tip) and a white sparkling light saber accent nail; unfortunately the other hand looks much better since I'm right handed, but I have a kitty scratch that I didn't want to subject you all to gruesome up-close photos of. Today's lipstick is my nude-for-me peach which has gold sparkles in it, as a little nod to C3PO.
And one other effect that I'm quite pleased with is the slightly awkward proportions (which I just love) from the not-quite-cropped jacket and not-quite-ankle pants, giving me just the right amount of nerdy for this inspiration poster ^^
Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome!