Since I'm a bit behind in my outfit posts I thought I'd lump a bunch of casual weekend looks from the past few weeks together! Weekend reflection: I've been working on simplifying my weekend outfits even further recently. With 99% of my life being casual and since I essentially work from home, over the last few months I have been enjoying dividing my work outfits into "smart casual with the occasional business casual" and weekend outfits into "casual with the occasional smart casual". I don't stick to it super rigidly but it definitely helps me feel more cohesive in what I'm wearing, especially since I've also split my style preferences along too (more urban/70s glam during the week, and more boho/rugged for the weekend).
Chatty as usual, feel free to skip down to the photos :)
- Saturday, 10.20. A day out with friends: Endurocross competition (dirt biking), dinner, drinks & darts. Needed something very casual for the enduro event, and shoes I could walk/stand around all day in. In retrospect I'd swap the trousers out for my black jeans. I hadn't road tested these new boots out and risked them for the day, luckily they turned out to be awesome. I didn't wear this very much without the jacket, but when I did I got a lot of attention from drunk Canadians enduro guys at the bar ;)
- Sunday, 10.21. Another day with friends: breakfast, pumpkin patch, and pumpkin carving party with the traditional carving movie "Repo! The Genetic Opera" (oh yes). I knew the patch would be MUDDY, so I formed this outfit around items I care least about on the bottom half: my riding boots, and straight leg blue jeans. Puffer for warmth, because it was Just That Cold.
- Bonus photo of my finished pumpkin, who is QUITE large. Rawr!
- Saturday, 10.27. My sister's birthday, and she asked me to help her study for her midterms. Wanted to try olive+olive with these boots, and my favorite thing to pair with olive is black; added the sweater because I knew it'd be cold where we were studying. Perhaps a bit grungier than you guys have seen me wear, but I did do the grunge thing years ago and feel quite at home with the style (I do realize this isn't all that gritty, but what can I say I'm still just 50-50 RATE-POP ^^).
- Monday, 10.29. Was supposed to help my sis study more, but she skipped out so I ran some errands. Jayne had commented on pairing forest green+emerald sometime back and it's been stuck in my head ever since, so I thought I'd give it a go. These cute gold slipper flats are a very belated birthday gift from my sis that I just couldn't wait to wear! I fully expect to wear them ALL the time this spring and summer. I'm quite happy with this color palette, Autumnally moody yet bright.
- Saturday, 11.03 (daytime). Worn out to breakfast, then run some errands with hubby. I don't wear this cabled cardigan much, but I especially enjoy wearing it as a sweater and popping something bright underneath; this orange striped tee is a favorite combo. In the evening we went to a swanky steak place for my brother-in-law's birthday so I changed, will post that outfit later.
- Sunday, 11.04. Had a friend over to watch football, so I opted for extra casual and cozy with an oversized sweater and colorful skinnies. Barely even did my hair ;) Easy peasy!
Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome!