After realizing the previous week that the shorter hair seemed to require more black, I paid closer attention to it this week. Still wore more black than usual, but managed an all light outfit on Thursday, and a only bit of black in a light print on Friday. It makes me happy to finally figure out how to do this with the short hair because I just don't like wearing very much black in the summer!
- Monday; worn to work and the grocery store. Been wanting to style another look with this crane tee, which surprisingly to me doesn't get worn all that much (not sure why, maybe it's the sleeve shape?). Went with my favorite way to wear black this season: with a healthy dose of white and emerald!
- Tuesday; worn to work then a last minute Mariner's game vs. Yankees to see NY Ichiro before he leaves Seattle. I've been wearing this hi-low top with gray or white tanks for the lower contrast, but today felt like trying black since I'm enjoying wearing higher contrast looks with the short hair. I decided to wear these printed flats to add both a bit more black and some fun pattern mixing. Also, circular earrings to contrast the sharp geo-print in the tee. It ended up being warm enough at the game that the jacket didn't get worn.
- Wednesday; worn out to lunch with my sister, then work and the gym. A somewhat unusual color combo I've been wanting to try for a while, fuchsia and coral. Since the black shorts are a faded black, I chose my distressed oxfords over my usual more refined footwear and am quite happy with how that turned out. Went with my blush purse because, well, there just wasn't enough pink yet (she said facetiously; I'm not a pink girl at ALL).
- Thursday; worn to work then the gym. After so many pants/shorts, I was in the mood to wear a dress so I decided to try an all light outfit and am quite happy that this soft color palette works just as well with short hair as it did with long. Also happy to find that I am liking my necklaces just as much as with long hair. This is one of my favorite cheapie jersey dresses, and I was bummed to find this morning that it's starting to pill. Going to try to the razor trick to see if I can coax a little more life out of it before it gets retired.
- Friday; worn to a quick stop by Nordstrom Rack (found a great rust colored jacket for fall!), post office, work, then date night with hubby. I know most of us (me included) are into the longer midi hems, but I do still like my shorter skirts; I decided to wear this one, along with the flats, because it's date night and hubbs is a legs guy who much prefers flats to heels. Quite enjoyed wearing the giant earrings even though they're not that visible. Love how they look peeking out from under the curls, will definitely be doing more of this.
Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome!