Sorry I know we're all excited for the short hair, but I've got 2 weeks of long hair outfits to share first :} After the previous week's failure to not wear jeans every day, I wanted to keep the denim to a minimum this week. The weather was beautiful and warm, which of course helps tremendously!
- Monday; worn to work, then out for tacos. Coolest day of the week, but still dry. Last summer I wore mostly fitted tops with these baggy jeans, this year I'm liking the slouchier tops. Played up the boho vibe with hair down, feather earrings, and tie-dye scarf.
- Tuesday; worn to work. Remember these poor motor-oiled booties? I worked on them off and on for a month to rehabilitate the leather and am quite happy with how they turned out. (You can read about it on my blog, part one here, and part two here.) I was actually going to wear black shoes, but was inspired by Rae's outfit that same morning to don brown instead. So they finally get their debut! Oh and also a crazy print mix ^^
- Wednesday; worn to a 4th of July BBQ at a friend's, and lastly a short walk to the waterfront to watch the Everett fireworks show. Very subtle red/white/blue outfit (red nails/lip, flag-striped dress, blue denim). This knit dress was perfectly comfy for a BBQ and still looks very put together.
- Thursday; worn to work and grocery store. I've been wearing the yellow version of this skirt quite a bit, so I wanted to give the teal a go this day. Styled VERY softly for me, along with super color matchy. Bun, big white hoops, and strappy sandals to unsoften it a bit (not much, though).
- Friday; worn to work, then dinner with my hubby's parents and grandparents. I don't wear this dress as often as I probably should; the fabric is actually rather thick and more of a fall/winter weight, but the tabs on the sleeves make jackets/cardigans hard to layer over. It has a self-belt but I wasn't in the mood to wear it so I snipped it off! And because it's so much black, I of course had to add in some jolts of bright color. I know most of you have adjusted to midis but as a shortie I still like shorter lengths :)
Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome!