Movie poster: Vertigo (group thread).
Another simple poster, another simple outfit. The BOLD colors and cutout-like effect of the poster are really striking, so I wanted to work around those ideas. I thought about doing a crazy vertigo-inducing pattern mix (b/w striped blouse + red plaid pants + houndstooth flats), but felt that the simplicity of the poster is its strength.
- Ivory mesh sleeve sweater, white belt - white spiral, mesh reminiscent of spiral overlap
- Red jeans - red background
- Black studded flats - small black element
- Woven silver earrings - round shape, more spiral overlap mesh
- Black/yellow lined clutch - a little chaos!
For the final manicure of the week I chose a more loose interpretation, using the poster's colors in blocks along with lines further reminiscent of the spirals. I'm quite happy that I can keep these on for a few days for a change ;) And to keep with the bold red coloring I wore bright red lipstick. This outfit is a bit more weekend than workday for me, but it's still a good date night option since hubby prefers minimal outfits and flats. Also feels very summery, especially for the very gray day we're having. Great perk up!
Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome!