Movie poster: Breakfast at Tiffany's (group thread).
Holly Golightly herself is, of course, the image that comes to mind when one thinks of Breakfast at Tiffany's. For the poster art, though, I was really struck by the Mondrian-esque vibe and how the expanse of white really lets Holly stand out. I had trouble incorporating this type of minimal aesthetic into an outfit that I felt covered enough elements, so I instead went the opposite direction!
- Kitty shirt - shoulder kitty, of course!
- Black blazer - a strong black vertical element (Holly herself)
- White jeans - expansive white background
- Black pointy kitten heels, pearl stud earrings - little nods to Holly's attire
- Aqua/blue clutch - top/right colorblocking
Today's nails represent, quite literally, the left/bottom colorblocking, with freehanded red/orange blocks on a white base (my favorite design of the week!). And as a nod to Ms. Golightly, I chose to go more Hollywood Glam with double-thickness mascara and bright red lipstick. I did find it amusing that, considering the movie, today's outfit is less glam than the previous two ;)
Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome!