After the style hash of this past weekend, I must say that it was far easier than I expected to get dressed this week! Getting all those thoughts out and in a semi-cohesive form made it possible to dress more organically (subtext: non-analytically) than I have in, well, years. I'm happy to report that these required the same, if not less, thought than previous outfits but with far less stress. It also helps that I got rid of a bunch of stuff in my closet. And that I'm able to finally start wearing some of my new spring purchases :)
All worn to work. I feel chattier than normal, so I shall ramble a little about each outfit.
- New for spring: necklace. Tied one of my vintage silk scarves to my purse in a big, floppy bow because I couldn't decide whether to wear the necklace or scarf. I had just resolved to start wearing my silk scarves more, and was pleasantly surprised to read Angie's blog post about them a couple days later. Still loving the red+camel(ish) color pairing.
- New for spring: ring, jeans. Since I wear my bootcuts with wide hems as it is, I wanted a more dramatic wide-leg flare and these certainly fit the bill. Hard to photograph though!
- New for spring: button-up, heels, necklace. OKAY. I feel this is kind of a cookie-cutter "blogger type" outfit but I really loved it (as did hubby (!)) and felt super great all day. So I'm totally, 100% ok with that. Love the non-perfect circles in this necklace!
- New for spring: button-up. I've wanted a chambray button-up shirt for a year or two now and never had the pluck to get one (not sure why?), so I'm happy to have one now; I can see it working in so many outfits! I very much like the vibe of this look, and even had a couple strangers compliment it when I was at the salon. Success!
- New for spring: jeans. Today's outfit. I was at work the previous day for 12 hours, felt super duper tired and low contrast this morning. For a "lazy" outfit, I'm quite pleased; almost looks planned ;) I got these jeans in lieu of the GAP L&Ls because those just weren't roomy enough in the right places for what I was going for AND as a bonus these are a much lighter wash. Tied one of my vintage silk scarves in a newer-style knot (as Angie blogged about here).
- Bonus previous weekend photo with me in my motorcycle gear; I need to find ways to dress stylishly while wearing gear. Went for the first ride of the year out to breakfast, and had some friends over later (swapped to normal jeans and brown boots for that). Nothing fancy :)
Whew! Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome.