Hi ladies, it's been a while ^^ Work has been extra hectic! I've been checking in on the forum and dutifully snapping outfit photos every day even though I haven't been posting, and promise that I've been representing YLF well. I've got some favorites picked out from the past few months which I'd really like to have in my YLF blog, so if you gals will indulge me I'm going to do a photo-heavy post of winter favorites and weekend looks soon. As much as I want to get back to posting more regularly, I probably couldn't go back to daily or near-daily until the end of the month or so. In the meantime I'm starting with two weeks of work outfits, sorry for the overload ;)
I haven't really been shopping so all of these outfits are composed of "old" items, as is the case with much of what I've been wearing overall this season. Since our winter has been so mild (sorry to the gals who are buried in snow!) I've been able to use several pieces from this past spring/summer's purchases (in these outfits, the white skinnies and windowpane trousers). Everything else here is at least a year or more old. I have been grateful for the mild weather since it's allowed me to mix my all-season items in with my fall/winter pieces to keep things feeling fresher! In particular here: a couple of pieces were purchased for fall out of season last spring (the marled sweater in #1 and the colorblocked cashmere sweater in #5), one is a gift from my sis (the holo clutch), and just two are actual "new for fall" purchases (the chain detail booties and the leo clutch).
Not going to write a whole thing about each outfit, just a brief thing or two:
- Inspired by Angie's ensemble to mix ink, brown, gray, and black but obviously sans ink (has olive and denim blue instead).
- I don't know if I'll participate in the high-waisted pants trend, but I have been enjoying tucking into my few mid-rise bottoms.
- Also still enjoying mixing pastels with black.
- An old favorite combo. Didn't end up wearing it without the jacket.
- A take on mixing black,red, and white with some gray thrown in for good measure (more colors! more patterns!).
- Another take on mixing black, red, and white with my skin acting as the white element (a perk of being pale). You gals have already seen this on Angie's Westfield Chinese New Year's blog post.
- Detail photos for the week. Plum lippie in 1, 3, and 4; orange in 2; cherry-pink in 5; nude-for-me peach in 6.
- Even though it's been fairly dry I haven't worn many of my wider pants this winter. This is a favorite outfit from early last year.
- A little romantic-tomboy in dark and moody colors. I normally wouldn't wear my hair down with an outfit this dark, but the huge swathe of lace on the neckline of this sweater goes a long way to making me feel light enough.
- Haven't worn this dress in a couple years but the wintery colors and light fabrication make it quite nice for spring-like weather!
- A more standard weekend look for me, but I needed the outfit to also work for a hockey game in the evening. Made sure to incorporate several black elements to help the exposed black tights balance better.
- Detail photos for the week. Plum lippie all week.
As always comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome!