I really enjoyed participating in Diane's Seasons Challenge, and especially enjoyed all the outfits everyone came up with. It's always amazing to see how many different interpretations come out of the same images. I'm mainly posting this for easy future reference for myself, but I do have a few thoughts that came up written at the end.
09.14 : red frosted leaves
Older: blazer, tee, jeans, sneakers, belt, clutch, earrings
09.15 : red poppies
Newer: jeans, sunnies
Older: sweater, booties, clutch, earrings
09.16 : tall snowy trees
Newer: blazer, jeans, sunnies
Older: blouse, pumps, clutch, earrings
09.17 : drinking pheasant
Older: blouse, shorts, tights, boots, clutch, earrings, sunnies
09.18 : creamy mushrooms
Newer: dress, tights
Older: cardigan, boots, clutch, earrings, sunnies
- I spent a little extra time with each outfit making sure that they jive with my style goals for the upcoming season, which are a little shifted from where I've been in the past, as opposed to simply putting together pieces that reflect each image. Very happy that I was able to be disciplined enough to do so, and very happy with how they all turned out.
- The bulk of the items used were older pieces and I felt perfectly happy with these outfits. A little surprising as I've been really hankering to add some new trends to my wardrobe. I still plan to do this. However...
- I normally go for "new" in bottoms but here it was a 50-50 split tophalf-bottomhalf, so I might need to spread any newness across more categories in my wardrobe. Not sure, will have to mull further on this.
- It was fun experimenting with incorporating "More", which is one of my current style goals, and I now have some ideas about how I want to approach it going forward.
- I like the idea of bringing a little more of my spring/summer boho side to my fall/winter style.
Thanks again to Diane for starting and organizing, and to everyone who participated and made it such fun ^^
Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome!